News Release Article from
Archived - Harper Government to recognize contributions of Canadians to public safety
May 1, 2015
Public Safety Canada
The nomination period for the Ministerial Commendation for Exemplary Service has been extended until June 8.
Please send your applications to PS.MinisterialCommendation-MentionElogieuseduMinistre.SP@ps-sp.gc.ca.
The Honourable Steven Blaney, Canada's Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, today launched the inaugural call for applications for the Ministerial Commendation for Exemplary Service.
The Ministerial Commendation for Exemplary Service honours Canadians (individuals or groups) who are making exceptional contributions in the areas of national security, border strategies, law enforcement, or emergency management, to keep Canadians safe and secure.
- This is the first commendation of its kind to be awarded by Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada.
- The Ministerial Commendation for Exemplary Service will be awarded annually.
- Eligible recipients could be any Canadian individual or group of individuals who have collaborated in a single initiative or endeavour. Nominations must be accompanied by a written rationale.
- Recipients will be presented with their award by the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness in an official ceremony honouring their contributions,
“Our Government remains unwavering in our commitment to the safety and security of all Canadians. With this award, our Government is recognizing the hard work done by individuals, groups, and organizations in Canada to help us achieve our goals of ensuring the safety and security of all Canadians.”
- The Honourable Steven Blaney, Canada's Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
Office of the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
Public Safety Canada
Follow Public Safety Canada (@Safety_Canada) on Twitter.
For more information, please visit the website www.publicsafety.gc.ca.
Search for related information by keyword
Public Safety Canada Health and Safety
- Date modified: