News Release Article from
Archived - CNSC invites comments on new draft REGDOC-2.3.3, Integrated Safety Reviews
August 6, 2014, Ottawa, ON – Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) is asking the public to provide their comments on draft regulatory document REGDOC-2.3.3, Integrated Safety Reviews.
The document sets out the CNSC’s requirements and guidance for the conduct of an integrated safety review for a nuclear power plant. An integrated safety review is a comprehensive evaluation of the design, condition and operation of a nuclear power plant.
Once published, Integrated Safety Reviews will supersede RD-360, Life Extension of Nuclear Power Plants, which was published in February 2008.
To review and comment on the document, visit the REGDOC-2.3.3 Web page. Please submit your feedback by October 6, 2014. Comments submitted, including names and affiliations, will be made public.
The CNSC regulates the use of nuclear energy and materials to protect the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment; to implement Canada’s international commitments on the peaceful use of nuclear energy; and to disseminate objective scientific, technical and regulatory information to the public.
- All nuclear power plants in Canada use the CANDU design – a safe, reliable, reactor technology.
- To comply with the CNSC’s regulatory requirements and their own internal governance, nuclear power plant licensees conduct regular reviews of their performance to ensure safety is maintained.
- An integrated safety review is an effective way to obtain an overall view of actual plant safety and to determine reasonable and practical modifications to ensure continued safe operation.
- CNSC’s consultation Web page
- Class I Nuclear Facilities Regulations
- Regulatory framework overview
- Regulatory documents
Media and Community Relations
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
Search for related information by keyword
Government of Canada Science and Technology Economics and Industry
- Date modified: