News Release Article from
Minister Fast Welcomes Advanced Manufacturing Export Win
Manufacturing sector workers and firms to benefit from job creation across southern Ontario and every region of Canada
July 24, 2014 - Ottawa, Ontario - Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, announced today a $67-million contract win for General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS)-Canada on 32 Light Armoured Vehicles (LAVs) for the Peruvian Marine Corps.
The vehicles will be manufactured in London, Ontario. GDLS Canada’s supply chain features local Canadian firms, ensuring benefits to hard-working Canadians. Deliveries will commence by mid-2015.
The contract was facilitated by the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC), the Government of Canada’s international government-to-government contracting organization.
Minister Fast will lead a trade mission to Peru and Colombia, priority markets under Canada’s Global Markets Action Plan, from August 10 to 15, 2014.
- In 2012, Canada’s advanced manufacturing sector contributed an estimated $164.6 billion in GDP and supported 1.7 million jobs across the country.
- In 2012-13, CCC was active in 72 countries and with more than 210 Canadian companies, signing contracts worth approximately $1 billion.
- CCC is a Crown corporation, reporting to Parliament through the Minister of International Trade.
“Canada’s pro-trade plan delivers on another export win. Our government will continue to support our exporters in order to create jobs and opportunities in every region of the country, as part of the most ambitious pro-trade, pro-export plan in Canada’s history.”
- Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade
- Global Markets Action Plan
- Peru - Canada’s Priority Market
- Colombia - Canada’s Priority Market
- Canada Trade Mission to Colombia and Peru
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
Office of the Honourable Ed Fast
Minister of International Trade
- Date Modified: