News Release Article from
Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal Leaps to a New Location!
February 28, 2014 - Montréal, Quebec – Infrastructure Canada
The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages and Member of Parliament for Saint Boniface, accompanied by Alain Dancyger, Director General of Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal, today announced priority funding of up to $7 million for a project to relocate Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal.
The project would see Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal, the internationally renowned company, relocated to new offices in the Wilder Building. The project calls for the construction of two dance studios, built to international standards, which will improve rehearsal conditions for dancers. A production studio will also be designed, allowing the dance company to pursue its creative endeavours. The building will include four training and technical studios, including the new National Dance Therapy Centre, a recreation division, faculty offices and technical support locker rooms.
- The Government of Canada will invest up to $7 million of the total eligible project costs of $28.81 million. This federal funding is conditional on the project meeting all of the requirements under the Building Canada Fund and the signing of a contribution agreement.
- The federal contribution is being provided under the Major Infrastructure Component of the Building Canada Fund, which supports projects that promote economic growth, community recreation, cultural and tourism development.
"Our Government is proud to invest in significant infrastructure projects, as we focus on creating jobs, promoting growth and building strong, prosperous communities across Québec and Canada. This new state-of-the-art building will meet the artistic needs of Les Grands Ballets, as well as further enhance Montreal's growing reputation as an international dance hub."
-The Honourable Shelly Glover
Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages and Member of Parliament for Saint Boniface
"Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal are pleased that the Government of Canada is providing support for our project. This investment is important, not only to our future and development, but to Canada's image as a laboratory for innovation and excellence."
Directeur General of Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal
- Learn more about the New Building Canada Plan.
- Learn more about federal investments in infrastructure in your region by visiting Provinces-Territories - Main Page.
- Consult Canada's Economic Action Plan for more information on the Government of Canada's focus on jobs and the economy.
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister of Infrastructure, Communities and Intergovernmental Affairs, and Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec<
514-849-8681 extension 263
Search for related information by keyword
Infrastructure Canada Transport Economic Action Plan Arts, Music, Literature
- Date modified: