News Release Article from
Archived - Plan ahead and register for My Account now to get your CRA security code
Did you know?
You can access your tax and benefit information securely using My Account. You will need an access code to register for this service but, once registered, you'll be able to track your refund, view your RRSP limit, view or change your return, and more.
- The Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) electronic services allow you to transact with us from your home or office - on your schedule.To accessMy Accountand take advantage of the fast, easy, secure way to manage your taxes, you will need a CRA user ID and password.
- To sign up for online access for yourself, follow the instructions to register for My Account at www.cra.gc.ca/myaccount.
- If you are accessing the tax records of others on their behalf, you have to register as a representative. Follow the instructions at www.cra.gc.ca/representatives.
- As part of the registration process, the CRA will mail you aCRA securitycode. We send the security code in a letter to protect you from identity theft and to ensureyour personal information remains secure.You should receive your code withinfivebusiness days. Be sure to enter your security code before the expiry date noted in your letter.
- Give yourself the time to register now before the rush of tax season begins.
The CRA's online services make filing even easier
With the CRA's online services, you can file your return, track your refund, and change your personal information. You can also sign up for direct deposit to receive your refund directly into your account at your Canadian financial institution - no more waiting for cheques to arrive in the mail. It's fast, easy, and secure. For more information, go to www.cra.gc.ca/getready.
Search for related information by keyword
Canada Revenue Agency Economics and Industry
- Date modified: