News Release Article from
Canadians invited to share their views on the Wireless Code
February 6, 2017 – Gatineau – Canadian Radio-television and telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) is inviting Canadians to share their experiences with the Wireless Code in addressing issues regarding their wireless services.
The CRTC is holding an online discussion forum from February 6-14, 2017. All comments made by Canadians during the online consultation will be considered as part of the review of the Wireless Code.
The CRTC is also holding a public hearing on the Wireless Code in the National Capital Region from February 6-9, 2017, to assess its effectiveness and whether it should be updated to reflect the evolution of the wireless market.
- The Wireless Code promotes a dynamic marketplace by empowering Canadians to make informed choices about their wireless services and establishing industry standards for wireless companies.
- The Wireless Code applies to all mobile wireless service providers that serve individuals and small businesses.
- The Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services administers the Wireless Code and helps resolve complaints.
- The CRTC committed to reviewing the effectiveness of the Wireless Code three years after it came into force.
- Canadians can read the transcripts from the first online discussion forum that took place in September 2016.
“We are giving Canadians another opportunity to share their opinions about the Wireless Code, and how it’s responding to their needs. We want to hear what they have to say about the Code because it is designed to reflect and adapt to their needs in an ever-changing marketplace.”
Jean-Pierre Blais, Chairman of the CRTC
- Participation Guide
- The Wireless Code, simplified
- The Wireless Code policy
- Know your rights: What the CRTC’s Wireless Code Means For You (Infographic)
- Checklist: Do You Know Your Rights as a Wireless Consumer?
- Wireless Code Public Opinion Research 2016
- Wireless Code Public Opinion Research 2015
- Wireless Code Public Opinion Research – Executive Summary
- 30 -
Toll-free: 1 (877) 249-CRTC (2782)
TTY: (819) 994-0423
Ask a question or make a complaint
Search for related information by keyword
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Economics and Industry
- Date modified: