News Release Article from
Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans
Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation presented at a ceremony in Montreal
November 6, 2016 — Montreal — Veterans Affairs Canada
The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Quebec residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada’s Veterans:
- Mr. Francis Allard, Québec
- Dr. Dave Blackburn, Saint-Jérôme
- Mr. Jacques Bouchard, Petite-Vallée
- Mr. Richard Cartmel, Dorval
- Mr. Florent Coutu, Trois-Rivières
- Mr. Mario Fortin, Lavaltrie
- Mr. John (Jack) Gammon, Brossard
- Mr. Jocelyn Labelle, Saint-Colomban
- Mr. Éric Le Blanc, Ste-Sophie
- Ms. Solange Lemieux, Québec
- Mr. Francis Lévesque, Baie-Comeau
- Mr. Stuart K. Vallières, Pointe-Claire
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada’s Veterans and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.
“The Government of Canada is proud to recognize these extraordinary and dedicated individuals who have gone beyond their roles to contribute tremendously toward their communities and honour the lives of our nation’s Veterans and those still serving.”The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by Warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The governing policies call for it to be “...awarded to individuals who have performed commendable service to the Veteran community or individuals who represent commendable role models for their fellow Veterans.”
- The Commendation consists of a certificate, a lapel pin for civilian wear and a bar for wear with decorations.
- The design is a gold maple leaf resting on a red poppy, a flower long associated with the sacrifices of war, with the Royal Crown on the top of the pin.
- Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation - List of past recipients
- Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation - Backgrounder
— 30 —
Veterans Affairs Canada
Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs
Search for related information by keyword
Hon. Kent Hehr Veterans Affairs Canada Military
- Date modified: