News Release Article from
Government of Canada supports documentary film created to inspire Atlantic Canadian youth
March 18, 2016 – Fredericton, N.B. – Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Member of Parliament for Fredericton Matt DeCourcey today attended the screening of the documentary The Millennial Dream, as part of the Youth Entrepreneurship Summit (YES) Atlantic. MP DeCourcey, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), took the opportunity to announce a federal government investment of $28,690 to the Pond-Deshpande Centre (PDC) at the University of New Brunswick (UNB) for the production of the film.
• The Millennial Dream is a feature length documentary designed to inspire Atlantic Canadian youth to be job creators and to highlight the region's potential as a hub of social innovation and entrepreneurship.
• YES Atlantic is a two-day summit that encourage youth to take action, seize opportunities, leverage support and join the entrepreneurial community in Atlantic Canada.
• The PDC acts as a catalyst to advance innovation and entrepreneurship in New Brunswick.
“The Government of Canada is committed to making strategic investments that build on regional strengths and support diversification of our economy. Youth entrepreneurship is vital to Atlantic Canada’s future economic success. Projects such as this documentary encourage and inspire the new generation to put into action creative ideas that address current social, community and environmental challenges.”
- The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister responsible for ACOA
“Young Atlantic Canadian entrepreneurs are extraordinary individuals who have the determination and vision to transform their ideas into new businesses, which in turn creates a spirit of engagement and innovation for a new era of economic growth. The Millennial Dream is the beginning of a movement.”
- Matt DeCourcey, MP for Fredericton
“One of our most pressing challenges in Atlantic Canada is the ability to attract young people to the region. The Millennial Dream movement driven by the launch of a suite of films and blogs has inspired an exciting, compelling documentary film, also named 'The Millennial Dream'. The documentary aims to inspire a new generation of young change makers to choose action. It is also an appeal to the older generations to help create the kind of ecosystem that is attractive for Millennial Dreamers to turn innovative ideas into impact.”
- Karina LeBlanc, Executive Director, Pond-Deshpande Centre
Senior Communications Officer
ACOA New Brunswick
506 261 5534
Funding Program Manager, PDC Program Coordinator
Pond-Deshpande Centre for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Sign up for email notifications.
Search for related information by keyword
Hon. Navdeep Singh Bains Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency Science and Technology
- Date modified: