News Release Article from
Minister Brison Tables 2016-17 Reports on Plans and Priorities
March 7, 2016 – Ottawa – Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Today, Treasury Board President Scott Brison tabled the annual Reports on Plans and Priorities on behalf of 84 government departments and agencies.
The 2016–17 Reports on Plans and Priorities contain detailed information that further explains the current funding requirements outlined in the 2016–17 Main Estimates.
The Government of Canada is committed to evidence-based decision making and consistent and regular measurement of results. To strengthen the oversight of spending, the Government will better align the Budget and Estimates processes, making the planning, spending and tracking of tax dollars more timely and transparent.
The President and his colleagues are working to develop simplified and more effective reporting processes. This will better allow Parliament and Canadians to monitor the Government’s plans and progress on delivering real change for Canadians.
- Reports on Plans and Priorities are part of the Estimates and Supply process.
- They provide details on an organization's mandate, commitments and priorities, organized by strategic outcome, program, and expected results, and provide links to related resource requirements in the Main Estimates.
- The RPPs form the baseline against which organizations track and report on their year-end performance through Departmental Performance Reports.
- In the future, these reports to Parliament will focus more accurately on departments’ use of their resources to fulfill their commitments.
"The Government is committed to being transparent, open and accountable. The Prime Minister has mandated me to instill a strengthened culture of measurement, evaluation, and innovation in program and policy design and delivery. Improving the reporting process will shed more light on the Government’s plan and progress on delivering real change to Canadians."
– The Honourable Scott Brison, President of the Treasury Board
Office of the President of the Treasury Board
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired) – 613-369-9371
Follow us on Twitter: @TBS_Canada.
Search for related information by keyword
Hon. Scott Brison Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat Government and Politics
- Date modified: