News Release Article from
The Government of Canada supports the economic development of the town of Disraeli
Located in the Appalachians RCM, the Disraeli marina will be redeveloped befitting its popularity.
February 24, 2016 – Disraeli (Quebec) – Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for CED, announces that the town of Disraeli is awarded financial support for upgrading the marina, in order to contribute to the region’s economic vitality.
The financial assistance announced today amounts to $1,333,840. It is awarded in the form of a non-repayable contribution under the Canadian Initiative for the Economic Diversification of Communities Reliant on Chrysotile.
CED is one of the six regional development agencies under the responsibility of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
- Located right in the middle of the town and on the shore of Aylmer Lake, the marina is very popular in the area. In fact, every summer, its docks are rented to their full capacity.
- The funding awarded will enable the town to, among other things, optimize traffic around the site, build a boardwalk and a public space, retrofit the service buildings and add new docks.
- The project is part of the Initiative’s objective that aims to support municipalities in connection with the economic diversification of the Des Sources and Appalachians RCMs, for creating short- and long-term jobs.
“As evidenced by its support for the Disraeli marina redevelopment project, the Government of Canada supports projects that help diversify the economy of Quebec’s regions, in this case through the development of tourism.”The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister responsible for CED
[translation] “Identified as a priority in the town’s strategy for stimulating its economic and tourism development, redeveloping the marina will help make the town of Disraeli an undeniable tourist destination for vacationers at Aylmer Lake and its surroundings.”Jacques Lessard, Mayor of the town of Disraeli
- For more information about the Canadian Initiative for the Economic Diversification of Communities Reliant on Chrysotile: http://www.dec-ced.gc.ca/eng/funding/initiative/chrysotile/index.html
- The town’s website: http://villededisraeli.ca/
- Follow CED on Twitter @CanEconDev
- 30 -
Canada Economic Development
for Quebec Regions
Search for related information by keyword
Hon. Navdeep Singh Bains Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions Science and Technology Economics and Industry
- Date modified: