News Release Article from
Silverberry Landfill Capacity Expansion Project - Public Comments Invited
February 19, 2016 — Ottawa — Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) must decide whether a federal environmental assessment is required for the proposed Silverberry Landfill Capacity Expansion Project, located approximately 50 kilometres north of Fort St. John, British Columbia.
To assist in making its decision, the Agency is seeking comments from the public on the project and its potential effects on the environment. All comments received will be considered public.
Written comments must be submitted by March 10, 2016 to:
Silverberry Landfill Capacity Expansion Project Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency 410-701 West Georgia Street Vancouver, British Columbia V7Y 1C6 Telephone: 604-666-2431 Fax: 604-666-6990 Email: Silverberry@ceaa-acee.gc.ca
- The Agency is seeking public comments on the summary of the project description for the proposed Silverberry Landfill Capacity Expansion Project.
- As a next step, the Agency will post a decision on its website stating whether an environmental assessment is required. If one is required, the public will have three more opportunities to comment on the project.
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80120.
- The Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- Silverberry Landfill Capacity Expansion Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- 30 -
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
Search for related information by keyword
Hon. Catherine McKenna Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency Nature and Environment
- Date modified: