News Release Article from
Minister Brison Tables 2015-16 Supplementary Estimates (C)
February 19, 2016 – Ottawa – Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
The Honourable Scott Brison, President of the Treasury Board, today tabled the 2015-16 Supplementary Estimates (C) in the House of Commons.
The 2015-16 Supplementary Estimates (C) provide information to support the Government’s request for Parliament to approve $ 2.8 billion in voted appropriations for 58 organizations to continue government programs and initiatives of importance to Canadians. It also provides an overview of 13 major initiatives that will be supported by this funding.
A Supply Bill seeking Parliament’s approval to spend funds in line with these Supplementary Estimates will be tabled no later than March 26.
- Major expenditure items in the 2015-16 Supplementary Estimates (C) include disability benefits for the Canadian Armed Forces, support for overseas military operations, the Green Climate Fund, and refugee resettlement.
- This fiscal year, the total statutory budgetary expenditures, including the Main Estimates and Supplementary Estimates (A), (B), and (C), total $155.7 billion. The voted expenditures for the same period total $95 billion.
- Information about departmental lapses is available as an online annex to the Supplementary Estimates.
“Through these Supplementary Estimates, we are seeking access to funds that will allow the Government to address priorities that Canadians want us to focus on, including support for our men and women in uniform, the environment and the resettlement of Syrian refugees.”
“The Government is committed to strengthening Parliament’s oversight of government spending. We have already improved reporting on government spending by adding, for the first time, an online annex to the Supplementary Estimates listing the anticipated lapses of federal organizations. We will continue to engage with Parliamentarians and other stakeholders to improve the estimates process.”
– The Honourable Scott Brison, President of the Treasury Board
- 2015-16 Supplementary Estimates C
- Supplementary Estimates Additional Information:
- Allocations from Treasury Board Central Votes
- Budgetary Expenditures by Standard Object
- Estimates by Strategic Outcome and Program
- Transfers Between Organizations
- Frozen Allotments in Voted Authorities **new**
Office of the President of the Treasury Board
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired) – 613-369-9371
Follow us on Twitter: @TBS_Canada.
Search for related information by keyword
Hon. Scott Brison Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat Government and Politics
- Date modified: