News Release Article from
National Forum Explores the Changing World of Work
This two-day national event will bring together subject experts, employers, and representatives from labour and governments to share their knowledge and experience around current and emerging health and safety issues.
For Immediate Release
February 19, 2016 – Hamilton, ON – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) will host a two-day national event that will bring together subject experts, workers, employers, and governments to share their knowledge and experience around current and emerging health and safety issues. Forum 2016: The Changing World of Work will take place on February 29 and March 1, 2016, in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Forum 2016: The Changing World of Work will kick off with opening remarks and welcome by special guest, The Honourable MaryAnn Mihychuk, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, on Monday, February 29.
Forum highlights will include:
Globally recognized humanitarian advocate and former international president of Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders James Orbinski will deliver an keynote on his extensive work in the field that will enlighten and inspire.
Acclaimed work-life balance researcher Dr. Linda Duxbury offers insights on how employers can avoid drowning from the tsunami of demographic change that's taking place in the workforce.
Human and organization performance expert Dr. Todd Conklin will discuss operational learning for safety, exploring a fresh approach to safety management based on new principles that go beyond blame, errors, and strict compliance.
In addition, experts will explore the health and safety implications from the latest findings on sex and gender, climate change, mental health, emotional intelligence and other emerging issues.
More information about the event including how to register is available at www.ccohs.ca/events/forum16.
- Forum 2016: The Changing World of Work will take place on February 29 and March 1, 2016, in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Forum 2016: The Changing World of Work, hosted by CCOHS, is a unique event in that it will have tripartite (government, labour and employers) delegate representation from across Canada
- Current and emerging workplace health and safety issues will be explored and discussed at the event to expose delegates to new ideas and new ways of thinking and stimulate creative solutions.
- Featuring expert speakers, interactive events, and an innovation and best practices showcase, the Forum is an opportunity for participants to collaborate on integrated, comprehensive approaches to total health and wellness at work.
- The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) is Canada's national resource for the advancement of workplace health and safety. CCOHS promotes the total well-being – physical, psychosocial, and mental health – of working people in Canada.
- CCOHS is governed by a tripartite Council of Governors.
- Join the Conversation on The Changing World of Work
- Canadian Humanitarian Set to Inspire at National Event
- 30 -
For More Information (Media Only):
Search for related information by keyword
Hon. MaryAnn Mihychuk Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Health and Safety
- Date modified: