News Release Article from
Government of Canada Investment Helps Showcase Northern Ontario's Mining Industry at 2016 PDAC Convention
February 19, 2016 – Temiskaming Shores, ON – Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario – FedNor
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Minister responsible for FedNor, today announced a roster of more than 70 businesses and organizations from across Northern Ontario that will take part in the Northern Ontario Mining Showcase at the 2016 Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada's (PDAC) International Convention, March 6-9, 2016, in Toronto.
The FedNor-funded Northern Ontario Mining Showcase will feature a 7,800-square-foot pavilion where mining-related businesses and organizations from across Northern Ontario will promote the region and its mining potential, as well as market their products and services to more than 23,000 delegates from over 100 countries attending the PDAC convention.
- Established in 1932, the PDAC International Convention is the world's largest conference and trade show for companies and organizations connected to mining and mineral exploration.
- A Government of Canada investment of $380,000, provided through FedNor's Northern Ontario Development Program, is enabling the City of Temiskaming Shores to organize and promote the Northern Ontario Mining Showcase, the largest pavilion at the PDAC convention.
- Since 1996, FedNor has invested over $937 million in support of more than 5,480 projects across Northern Ontario.
"The mining industry is a key economic driver for Northern Ontario and the Government of Canada is proud to help support this globally recognized region of mining excellence. The Northern Ontario Mining Showcase will help businesses gain exposure, increase sales and boost exports, which will contribute to the long-term sustainability of communities that depend on this important sector."– The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Minister responsible for FedNor
"We are thrilled to partner with the Government of Canada to help create new opportunities for Northern Ontario's mining sector. This exciting initiative provides a unique opportunity for businesses and organizations in the region to increase their client base and expand into new markets by promoting themselves to a global audience."– Carman Kidd, Mayor, City of Temiskaming Shores
- To find out more about our programs and services, please visit: fednor.gc.ca and follow us on Twitter @FedNor.
- Follow the Minister on Twitter: @MinisterISED
Communications Officer - FedNor
705-690-0957 or 1-877-333-6673 Ext 303
Search for related information by keyword
Hon. Navdeep Singh Bains FedNor Economics and Industry
- Date modified: