News Release Article from
The La Tuque snowmobile club upgrades its snowmobile trails
Through its support for snowmobile trail maintenance and improvement, the Government of Canada is supporting winter tourism in Mauricie.
February 16, 2016 – La Tuque (Quebec) – Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister Responsible for CED, announces that the organization La Tuque snowmobile club has received financial support for purchasing a new surfacing machine and a groomer.
The financial assistance announced today amounts to $125,000. It is provided in the form of a non-repayable contribution under CED’s Quebec Economic Development Program.
- The equipment will contribute to the longevity of the trails and the safety of snowmobilers.
- The La Tuque snowmobile club maintains a 540-km network of inter-connected trails, which serves places such as Central Quebec, Abitibi-Témiscamingue and Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean. Over 6,000 snowmobilers use it every year.
- The project will enable the communities’ economic diversification by encouraging tourists to come from outside Québec.
“By financially supporting the La Tuque snowmobile club, the Government of Canada is showing its commitment to promoting the expansion of tourism, a sector that is beneficial for Quebec’s economy.”The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister Responsible for CED
“Tourism is definitely an industry sector that is important for Mauricie. By upgrading Trans-Quebec trail branches #73, #83 and regional branch #355, the La Tuque snowmobile club is helping to generate considerable economic benefits.”François-Philippe Champagne, MP for Saint-Maurice–Champlain and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Finance
- For more information about the QEDP: http://www.dec-ced.gc.ca/eng/programs/qedp/index.html
- Organization’s website: http://www.motoneigelatuque.com/index.php/en/
- Follow CED on Twitter @CanEconDev
- 30 -
Canada Economic Development
for Quebec Regions
Search for related information by keyword
Hon. Navdeep Singh Bains Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions Science and Technology Economics and Industry
- Date modified: