News Release Article from
Registration for the 2016 Canada Army Run is now open "No ordinary race."
February 16, 2016
OTTAWA — Registration for the 2016 Canada Army Run, presented by BMO Bank of Montreal is now open! The 5K and half marathon events will take place on Sunday, September 18, 2016.
This year’s Canada Army Run will once again welcome 25,000 participants from across the country and the world as they run, walk, and roll in this truly unique event held in Ottawa and Gatineau.
- Canada Army Run, presented by BMO Bank of Montreal, is one of the most inspiring events in the country, where civilians, Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) personnel, and runners of all ages and abilities run, walk, and roll together to show their pride as Canadians and as runners.
- Since 2008, Canada Army Run has raised more than $1.6 million in support of Soldier On and the Military Families Fund – two CAF financial support programs that provide assistance to ill and injured soldiers and military families in need.
- Last year, Canada Army Run received the Community Spirit Award at the 2015 Ottawa Tourism Awards in recognition of a business or organization in the tourism industry that organized, or participated in, a fundraising effort or service in support of a regional not-for-profit organization.
- Since 2008, about 138,000 participants have taken part in Canada Army Run.
- Registration details for Canada Army Run can be found on our new website at www.armyrun.ca.
“Canada Army Run is distinct from all other running events in Canada. Each year, I look forward to welcoming participants to this truly inspiring event, where our men and women in uniform run, walk, and roll side-by-side with those who continuously show their support for the Canadian Armed Forces. I invite everyone to join us at this year’s Canada Army Run.”Lieutenant-General Marquis Hainse, Commander, Canadian Army
“BMO is delighted to once again present the Canada Army Run. We are all enormously proud of our longstanding role supporting members of the military, their families and our veterans. They truly deserve the honour and respect that Canadians provide them every day. Come join us in 2016 to celebrate and cheer on our heroes.”Sandra Henderson, Senior Vice-President, Eastern Ontario Division, BMO Bank of Montreal
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Search for related information by keyword
National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces Military
- Date modified: