News Release Article from
Kouchibouguac National Park Welcomes Visitors for Winter Fun
Special 2016 winter activities appeal to a variety of interests
January 14, 2016 Kouchibouguac National Park, New Brunswick Parks Canada Agency
Kouchibouguac National Park is offering special winter activities and programs this year that combine adventure and education. Visitors can enjoy cross country skiing, snowshoeing, bird watching and geocaching or simply go walking in the picturesque forests of the park. The national park offers backcountry winter camping and nights in rustic shelters so visitors can extend their stay in the park.
A new snowshoeing trail that runs parallel to portions of the cross-country ski trail between Pijebookgwek and Patterson shelters will open this winter. The trail will lead snowshoeing enthusiasts across beautiful terrain in the park, including areas not usually accessible during other seasons.
In addition, special activities will be offered from January to March 2016, including snowshoe treks under the stars, a family ski event and an opportunity to learn about winter camping. For a full list of winter activities at Kouchibouguac National Park, visit the park’s website.
Due to weather and ski trail conditions, some activities may be postponed, modified or cancelled. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook, call Kouchibouguac National Park at 506-876-2443, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (weekdays) to get information on any of the planned activities.
- Did you know that Kouchibouguac National Park:
- Maintains two trails specifically for winter walking;
- Has 15 km of groomed cross-country ski trails for the classic and skating techniques;
- Is entirely accessible by snowshoe, with four specific marked trails, including a brand new one to explore this year;
- Has seven cozy warm-up shelters with tables, wood stoves and dry toilets available for the comfort of visitors; and,
- Is a designated Dark Sky Preserve by the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada?
- No equipment? Not a problem! A cross-country ski and snowshoe rental service, located at Pijeboogwek, is available. Contact us ahead of time for rental hours of operation at 506-876-2443 or email@example.com (weekdays).
- 30 -
Partnering, Engagement and Communications Officer
Kouchibouguac National Park, Parks Canada
Office: 506-876-1288; Cel: 506-521-4739
Parks Canada Agency
Search for related information by keyword
Parks Canada Nature and Environment
- Date modified: