News Release Article from
Amisk Hydroelectric Project: Public Comments Invited
December 16, 2015 — Ottawa — Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) commenced a federal environmental assessment for the proposed Amisk Hydroelectric Project, located on the Peace River, approximately 15 kilometres upstream of Dunvegan, in northwestern Alberta.
The Agency invites the public to comment on which aspects of the environment may be affected by this project and what should be examined during the environmental assessment, as detailed in the draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Guidelines. Following this comment period, the Agency will finalize and issue the EIS Guidelines to the proponent.
This is the second of four opportunities for the public to comment on this project. All comments received will be considered public.
Written comments must be submitted by January 25, 2016 to:
Amisk Hydroelectric Project Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency 9700 Jasper Avenue, Suite 1145 Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4C3 Telephone: 780-495-2037 Fax: 780-495-2876 Email: CEAA.Amisk.ACEE@ceaa-acee.gc.ca
- The Environmental Impact Statement Guidelines document identifies the potential environmental effects to be taken into consideration and the information and analysis that needs to be included in the proponent's Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80112.
- Amisk Hydroelectric Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- 30 -
Karen Fish Communications Advisor Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency 613-957-0278 Karen.Fish@ceaa-acee.gc.ca
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
Search for related information by keyword
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency Nature and Environment
- Date modified: