News Release Article from
Marine Terminal Project on the North Shore of the Saguenay: Federal Funding Allocated to Participate in the Environmental Assessment
October 30, 2015 — Ottawa — Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) has allocated a total of $97,386.51 to six applicants to assist their participation in the federal environmental assessment of the Marine Terminal Project on the North Shore of the Saguenay, located in Quebec.
|Association des propriétaires de l'Anse à Pelletier||$7,795.00|
|Conseil régional de l'environnement et du développement durable du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean||$7,215.75|
|Organisme de bassin versant du Saguenay||$6,953.80|
|Première Nation d'Essipit||$47,925.00|
|Première Nation de Pekuakamiulnuatsh Takuhikan||$21,881.46|
- This funding was made available to the public and Aboriginal groups through the Participant Funding Program administered by the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency. It will enable participation in upcoming steps of the environmental assessment, which include reviewing and providing comments on the Environmental Impact Statement or on the summary, the draft Environmental Assessment Report, and on potential environmental assessment conditions.
- This project is being assessed under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 using a science-based approach.
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80103.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- Participant Funding Program (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Marine Terminal Project on the North Shore of the Saguenay (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- 30 -
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
Search for related information by keyword
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency Nature and Environment
- Date modified: