News Release Article from
Archived - Investment in Arts and Culture in Dieppe
Member of Parliament Robert Goguen announces funding for the Centre des arts et de la culture de Dieppe
March 25, 2014 – Dieppe, New Brunswick – Department of Canadian Heritage
The Government of Canada has provided funding to the Centre des arts et de la culture de Dieppe for its 2014–2015 season, through the Canada Arts Presentation Fund.
Robert Goguen, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice and Member of Parliament (Moncton–Riverview–Dieppe), today announced a total of $15,000 in funding for the organization. He made the announcement on behalf of Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages Shelly Glover.
The Centre des arts et de la culture de Dieppe (CACD) has been an arts and culture presenter in the area since 2010 and has carved out a niche for itself with a performing arts series focusing on youth and family programming in French. For the 2014–2015 season, the CACD plans to present over 20 popular music, folk, jazz, circus, comedy and theatrical performances. This series will be presented between July 2014 and March 2015. During the summer, some performances will take place on the CACD’s outdoor stage. Several of the shows will be accompanied by workshops for young people as well as adults.
- In 2007, the City of Dieppe started to transform its former city hall into an artistic and cultural hub for the community, now known as the Centre des arts et de la culture de Dieppe.
- The centre features a 224-seat concert hall (La Caserne), an art gallery, two visual arts studios, three dance studios, six music studios, a multipurpose room, an outdoor stage, administrative offices, a conference room, an atrium and commercial space.
- In addition to providing a venue for the performing arts, the CACD has a multidisciplinary mandate to strengthen youth and community identity by encouraging participation in creative, artistic and cultural activities.
“The Government of Canada is pleased to provide funding to the Centre des arts et de la culture de Dieppe. The CACD’s activities contribute to the cultural and economic vitality of our communities.”
- Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
“The Centre des arts de la culture de Dieppe is an important pillar in our community. Much to everyone’s enjoyment, it’s a place where people can take in cultural experiences with family and friends throughout the year.”
- Robert Goguen, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice and Member of Parliament (Moncton–Riverview–Dieppe)
“This funding, which is greatly appreciated, will allow us to bring talented Canadian artists to our stage in La Caserne. As a result, the Centre will be able to offer diverse programming for the community of Dieppe and the surrounding area.”
- Luc Gaudet, General Director, Centre des arts et de la culture de Dieppe
Office of the Minister of Canadian Heritage
and Official Languages
Department of Canadian Heritage
Department of Canadian Heritage:
Search for related information by keyword
Canadian Heritage Arts, Music, Literature
- Date modified: