News Release Article from
Archived - 16th Halloween on the Plains!
September 17, 2015 – Québec City, Québec – The National Battlefields Commission
The Plains of Abraham—and the Joan of Arc Garden in particular—will soon be haunted… again! For the 16th year running, visitors young and old will be “frighted” and delighted as the National Battlefields Commission presents a series of fearsomely fun Halloween activities from October 1 to November 8, including the all-new Spine-tingling Tales, aimed at children 8–12. Activities are either free or range in price, so there’s something for everyone!
Halloween at a glance
- Decorations in the Garden (all ages). Spooky decorations and tombstones speak to the history of the Plains of Abraham. Discover tales from the park’s past: Drunkenness and Temperance, Public Executions, The White Lady of Cape Diamond, The Voices of Joan of Arc, The Sabbath, The Widow’s Walk, and more!
Daily from October 1 to November 8. Free. At the Joan of Arc Garden.
- Haunted Tower (families). A hosted tour of shivers and surprises awaits you on the roof of Martello Tower, where you’ll find two new scenes: the Mysterious Forest and the Astronomical Observatory. Take a quiz, and treat the little ones to a ride on the mini train through Joan of Arc Garden. But watch your back—you could be ambushed by British soldiers! An evening of fun for the whole family.
October 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31 and November 1 from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. $3 for ages 5 and up. Free for ages 4 and under. At Martello Tower 2 and Joan of Arc Garden.
- Bewitching Tour (4 to 7 years). A family visit to cast off the curses that haunt the park, complete with incantations and magic spells! Hear tales of the Plains of Abraham from Louis Mallet, 18th-century counterfeiter, or his wife Marie. As they visit Martello Tower 1, Joan of Arc Garden, and Martello Tower 2, kids will discover the haunted history of the Plains and learn how to ward off evil in these dark times!
October 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25 and 31: 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. $8 for ages 4–7, $11 for accompanying adults. Leaves from Martello Tower 1. Reservation required. In French only.
- Spine-tingling Tales (8 to 12 years) – new! Stories and legends from the Plains of Abraham are brought to life in this interactive tour. Spirits haunt the city, crime abounds, and the Plains are no exception. Follow Marie-Josephte Corriveau or her father Joseph to hear their tales of horror, learn how to ward off evil spirits, and discover a treasure. It’s a frightfully good time!
October 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25 and 31: 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. $8 for ages 8–12, $11 for accompanying adults. From Martello Tower 1. Reservation required. In French only.
- Ghoulish Walk (adults). A guided tour across the dark side of the Plains. The Battlefields Park was once the scene of shady and illegal dealings. Cast off the shroud of mystery that veils its obscure legends and dark past. But beware! The shadows hold thiefs, treasure hunters, and figures from the past both wondrous and strange. Military discipline in the Martello Towers, surgery on the battlefields, public hangings, the origins of Halloween, and Black Mass on the Plains—all will be revealed to those who take up their lanterns to brave the darkness.
October 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 and 31: 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. $16: 13 years and up. Leaves from Martello Tower 2. Reservation required. In French only.
- Information and reservations: 418-649-6157, 1-855-649-6157, email@example.com
Outreach and Media Officer, Communications Division
The National Battlefields Commission
Search for related information by keyword
National Battlefields Commission Information and Communications
- Date modified: